My love of peanut butter was inherited from my dad. We have always loved the creamy, nutty goodness called peanut butter and we use it generously in many, many ways. One of the best ways to put peanut butter to use is by making peanut butter cookies! I have always loved these cookies and I finally made a batch to share with a friend over coffee this past week. Here's my recipe for them:
I N G R E D I E N T S
1 C butter, softened to room temperature
1 C sugar
3/4 C light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 C creamy peanut butter
3 C all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 C sugar for rolling
I N S T R U C T I O N S
1. Cream the butter and both sugars together with a mixer.
2. Add in the eggs.
3. Add the vanilla and peanut butter and mix.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the dry ingredients together.
5. Add the dry mixture to the peanut butter mixture until completely blended.
6. Roll the dough into balls and roll them in the sugar.
7. Use a fork and press onto the dough balls to flatten them out.
8. Bake for 11 minutes at 350 degrees.