I was sitting at The Farmer's intramural basketball game Tuesday night when one of my friends challenged me to find a good cookie cake recipe that she could make for her fiance Saturday. Well, here we are. I found a pretty good recipe from Life Love and Sugar that turned out to be a great cookie cake - The Farmer loved this recipe and since Valentine's Day is tomorrow, those of us who are last minute bakers can use this on the day of love!
I N G R E D I E N T S
3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
I used this recipe for my buttercream icing. I failed at making it thick enough but the flavor was still great!
I N S T R U C T I O N S
1. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
2. Mix in egg and vanilla extract.
3. With the mixer on low speed, add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
4. Stir in chocolate chips. Dough will be thick.
5. Chill for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
6. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
7. Spread the dough out into the cake pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool mostly in the cake pan, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.