My mom has had this pie crust recipe for awhile now. I am not a pie person. I've expressed this dilemma before during my apple pie post, and it still holds true to this very day. I am a person who prefers the warm, moist, and rich textures of cakes and cookies over the fruity tastes of pies. For Christmas, I made a derby pie for my father-in-law and I fell in love with the pie and the pie crust that I hated for so long! Tastes change, people. I think I may be evolving into a pie person...maybe.
I N G R E D I E N T S
3 C flour
1 C lard
1/3 C cold water
1.5 tsp salt
I N S T R U C T I O N S
1. Add the salt to the flour and sift.
2. When the lard is at room temperature, blend it into the flour and salt mixture.
3. Add the water all at once and mix with a fork.
4. Roll out on counter and place in pie pan.
5. Use excess to create a design for your pie. I loved how mine turned out!