Caramel is one of the most popular ingredients during the best season in the world. You can use it in cakes, cookies, caramel apples, pies, dips, and harden it into candies. Throughout the season of bonfires, barn dances, potlucks and weekend game nights, this caramel recipe can make any Fall dessert even richer than it already is.
I N G R E D I E N T S
1/2 C butter
1/2 C heavy cream
1 C brown sugar
- This recipe yields roughly a pint of caramel.
S T E P S
1. Put all ingredients into a pot.
2. Heat all the ingredients together and mix them.
3. Bring to a boil, then turn off the heat.
4. Pour the caramel into a pint sized, wide mouth mason jar and seal with the lid.
You can keep this on your shelf for a couple of weeks and depending on what you are using it for, heat it in the microwave and stir!