Although cobbler is usually associated with Summer, I always jump onto the cobbler train during the Fall. Once I've canned my peaches and apples I'm always waiting for the right time to make a peach cobbler. I made this lovely cobbler for my small group friends and our weekly get togethers! This recipe was given to me as part of a wedding gift (made by one of my good friends -- a scrapbook of recipes from some of the most important people in my life). This recipe is from one of the many "moms" in my life. It was given to her by her mother-in-law and it has become one of their family's favorite recipes. I hope I do it justice!
I N G R E D I E N T S
1 stick of butter
1 C sugar
1 C flour
2/3 C milk
2 tsp baking powder
1 qt of fruit (canned peaches, apples, or you can pick your own blackberries during the Summer to use)
S T E P S
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and melt the butter in a 9x13 inch baking glass.
2. While the butter is melting, mix the sugar, flour, milk and baking powder together in a bowl.
3. Pour this mixture into the baking dish, then pour the fruit of your choice on top.
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Enjoy with your family or friends!