I just started using doTERRA essential oils a couple of days ago. I am obsessed, guys! There's so much you can do with them. From curing sicknesses, making cleaning products, scenting your home and even making your own beauty, skincare and body products, there seems to be no limit to the power of the oil. When I got mine in the mail, I ran inside and read every little thing on each oil and just sat in amazement at all the "awesomeness" that was in my hands. Once I got over the initial excitement, I started brainstorming on what I would do with them first. The Farmer and I don't get sick very often and we don't have kids so I knew sickness would be a very rare occurrence. I finally came up with a couple projects that I will be sharing with all of you! The first is homemade deodorant.
M A T E R I A L S
- 6 T of melted coconut oil
- 1/4 C Baking Soda
- 1/4 C Arrowroot powder (this little sucker is hard to find. There are some Kroger stores that sell Bob's Red Mill brand but I had to buy mine at a local health food store, The Dutch Merchant) ** You can also substitute this with cornstarch.
- Small Mason Jar or an old deodorant container
- doTERRA essential oils (if you don't have any, start your essential oils journey by clicking the doTERRA tab at the top of my blog, if you do have some, choose your favorite scents: I chose lavender)
S T E P S
1. Mix the baking soda and arrowroot powder (or cornstarch) together in a medium bowl.
2. Melt the coconut oil in the microwave or on the stove and add it to the mix.
3. Mix these 3 ingredients together until all clumps are smoothed out.
4. Add 5-7 drops of your desired combination of oils.
5. Pour the mixture into your small mason jar (or old deodorant container), put on the lid and put in the refrigerator until it hardens and then it's ready to use!
This is only one of many new things I'm learning to do with my oils; I'm excited to share them all with you guys!
If you are interested in essential oils, please feel free to email me your questions at email@example.com and if you're interested in buying essential oils, click the Doterra tab at the top of my page!