I've been making this cake for a couple years now. It has become my trademark among my fellow Palmers and every time I make it, it always tastes better than the last time. My favorite time to make this cake is in the Fall and Winter--I've even been known to make it for birthday gifts. I got this recipe from The Pioneer Woman and have tweaked it here and there, enjoy!
I N G R E D I E N T S
8 Milky Way Bars
2.5 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 C sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 sticks butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C buttermilk
2 Milky Way bars
1/2 lb powdered sugar
1 stick butter
1 tsp vanilla
I N S T R U C T I O N S
1. Melt the Milky Way bars and 1 stick of butter in the microwave. I heated mine in 30 second intervals.
2. Sift flour and salt together in a small bowl.
3. Mix the baking soda and buttermilk in a large bowl.
4. Cream 1 stick of butter with the sugar and eggs.
5. Add the creamed mixture and the flour mixture to the buttermilk mixture. Mix until well blended.
6. Add the melted candy, butter and vanilla.
7. Pour into a greased 9x13 inch pan and bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour.
1. Melt the butter and Milky Way bars in the microwave.
2. Add the vanilla and powdered sugar and mix until thickened.
3. Pour icing over cake and serve when it cools.