Like I said in my recent handmade hand warmer post, this year I am going to be making most of my Christmas gifts for my friends and family. So far, everything is going great and this next idea is one that can be given as a gift or can be enjoyed by yourself through the long, cold Winter months.
M A T E R I A L S
fleece or flannel fabric
white cotton fabric
I N S T R U C T I O N S
1. First you are going make a bag filled with rice to put inside the fleece bag. This will enable you to wash the fleece/flannel bag without wetting the rice. Cut your cotton fabric into 2, 14.5 inch x 5.5 inch rectangles. Sew three sides together and leave one of the 5.5 inch sides open.
2. Pour 3.5 cups of rice into the cotton bag and sew the last side shut.
3. Cut your fleece/flannel fabric into 2, 21 inch x 6.5 inch rectangles and sew together 3 sides, leaving 1, 6.5 inch side open.
4. Turn this sewn rectangle inside out to hide your seams. On the last open side, hem the edge of the fabric using a 1/2 inch inseam.
5. Put the cotton rice bag into the fleece/flannel bag and tie the top with the ribbon you chose.
6. Sprinkle a few drops of lavender oil onto the bag.
7. Microwave for 1 minute and enjoy this amazingly warm, cuddly heating pad!