This Christmas will be one of extreme budgets. I can't afford to buy everyone tons of amazing things that will blow their minds, but what I can afford to use some scrap fabric to make little gifts that really are made with an incredible amount of love! This DIY gift is so simple and cheap. If you have any runners, hikers, campers or carolers in your life, these hand warmers will be perfect for them.
M A T E R I A L S
lavender essential oil (optional)
I N S T R U C T I O N S
1. Measure you fabric and cut two squares 3 inches x 3 inches.
2. Sew around the edge of the fabric squares and leave an inch open.
3. Pour the rice into this opening (you can use a funnel but I just sprinkled some in a little at a time).
4. Sew the rest of the fabric shut and sprinkle a couple drops of the lavender onto one side of the fabric.
5. *Optional* you can make a little tag to include in your gift that gives instructions on how to use. I microwaved mine for 30 seconds and they stayed pretty warm for awhile.