Canning peaches was the best thing I've ever done. Seriously, guys! We always meet on Thursday nights for small group. This past week it was my turn to make a dessert and guess what I did: I totally forgot. And what came to my rescue? Canned peaches! I had everything I needed for this recipe in my cupboard and the fact that I didn't have to scramble to town or make break and bake cookies is beautiful.
I N G R E D I E N T S
1 Quart of canned peaches (You can also cut them fresh or use apples for this recipe)
1/2 C sugar
1 1/2 C brown sugar
1 C + 1 tbs flour
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbs water
1 C quick cook oats
1/2 C butter, melted
2 tbs butter, cold + chopped
I N T R U C T I O N S
1. Combine the peaches, sugar, 1/2 C of the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and water.
2. Mix well or until all peaches are covered then stir in the cold, chopped butter.
3. Pour this mixture into a 13x9 inch pan.
4. In a different bowl, combine oats, flour, 1 C of the brown sugar and the melted butter. This will be the topping.
5. Once you have mixed well, sprinkle this over the peach mixture.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, allow to cool and serve with vanilla ice cream.