It's getting cold, you guys. I'm not necessarily a huge fan of the cold, but I love the coziness that comes with the dropping temperature. I love curling up with hot chocolate, coffee, tea or soup and being warm and wrapped in a blanket even though the weather is frightful. I also love the family and friend time that comes with these cold, dark days. Although there is not an adventurous, outdoor activity like the other seasons hold, there's board games, hide and seek, Pictionary, Christmas lights, Christmas parties and long, long talks. Winter is the best time to really get to know someone through words. No, you can't go hike together or canoe the day away, and you can't swim in the intense Summer heat or have outdoor BBQs, but you can sit and just talk. Talking is also done best with a liquid companion...such as lemon green tea.
What you'll need:
- 1 slice of lemon
- 2 green tea bags
- Small pot filled with water
- Favorite mug
-1 T of honey
1. Heat the water to a boil on the stove.
2. Put the lemon slice and honey in the mug.
3. Once the water has boiled, add the tea bags and remove from heat. Let the tea steep for 5 minutes.
4. After 5 minutes, pour tea over the lemon and honey and stir. I also like to eat almonds when I have tea!
5. Curl up on the couch with a best friend or significant other and enjoy each other's company.