I have decided to acknowledge my obsession with kraft paper and washi tape. If you have read any of my recent posts, you may have noticed that almost every DIY December post has included either kraft paper or washi tape...or both. But guys, I paid roughly $8 for two rolls of washi tape and one roll of craft paper. How could I not use it all up? Because I'm on a roll this Christmas season with wrapping and "DIY-ing", I have another way to wrap your last minute gifts with kraft paper...and washi tape.
What you'll need:
- washi tape
- kraft packaging paper
- scrap fabric
- cardstock or a manilla folder
1. Wrap your gift like you would with normal wrapping paper.
2. Take your spare fabric and cut a slit on the side that will make the longest ribbon. Make sure and cut the strip with about 1/2 an inch of width.
3. Start tearing the fabric all the way down.
4. Tie the fabric/ribbon around the box as you wish and tie a tight knot or bow on top.
5. Cut a small rectangle our of your cardstock or manilla folder and use the sharpie to write the name of the person you are giving the gift to. You can also skip this step and just write their name in sharpie on the wrapping paper.
6. Tape the corners of the rectangle down with the washi tape (Place the name tag wherever you like)
Very cute if I do say so myself.
Enjoy the wrapping,